screenshot
I promise, the site looks great if you use a modern browser. See?

It looks like are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to use the site, and it looks terrible to you. I'm working on a fix, but in the meantime, please allow me to offer you some advice. Get Firefox.

Once I switched, I never went back. Obviously, or the site wouldn't look this bad.

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot password
Register Free
Welcome to the new EastTexasGigGuide.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The East Texas Gig Guide Forum Index :: The Main Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GigGuideGuy
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/21/08 02:23 am    Post subject: Welcome to the new EastTexasGigGuide.com
Event starting 03/21/2008 06:00 am for 18 hours

So what's new? I'm glad you asked, I happen to have a list:
  • Brand new look! My eyes bleed a little less now. (Except when trying to read Bongo's posts with the now white background. Sorry buddy.) One thing to notice is that, although the home page looks a lot cleaner, the same amount of information is being displayed as in the old 3-column look. That's because most of the "Recent" blocks were moved to the bottom of the page. If you're wondering, "what new look?", press Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page.
  • Event calendar! (look for a post all about this soon)
  • RSS feed! (look for another post about this)
  • New forums: Backstage (musicians forum), Political Party!, and East Texas Talent. Fill 'em up, folks!
  • Google Site Search: At the very bottom of every page, you can now use the power of Google to search ETGG, or the entire web.
  • Artists/bands/clubs: You can now change your name! No idea why you couldn't before, sorry.
  • Artist images and songs can be located anywhere on the web, no upload needed! Also, you can now easily delete them from your page.
  • New mp3 player on artist pages.
  • Artist pages: Old/boring "Bio" and "Influences" sections replaced by new/hot "Story of" and "Some say we sound like" sections. Soooo hip.
  • New "latest replies" section on the home page.
  • All forum threads now show up on the home page, not just those from the main room.
  • Advertisements. This is probably one of the first things you noticed. Several ad banners from Google.com are now gracing the pages of ETGG. Fortunately, if you don't care to see them, you can log in or register for a free account. Once you're logged in, you'll see only 1 strip of text ads on the left side of the page, and none of the graphical banners. If you don't mind seeing them, please, feel free to click those that interest you.
  • Lots of tiny fixes and improvements I don't remember and you'll never notice. Smile

Undoubtedly, there will be problems. I've tried to test everything, but chances are I've missed something. Do not hesitate to let us know. Discuss the new ETGG and report any problems you find in the forum.

Last edited by GigGuideGuy on 03/21/08 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
GigGuideGuy
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/21/08 11:22 am    Post subject: Site Update Reply with quote

If you had some trouble logging in earlier, try again. You may have to clear your cookies if you still have problems. If you still can't get logged in, email me: webmaster@easttexasgigguide.com . Thanks for your patience!
GigGuideGuy
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/26/08 01:16 am    Post subject: IE6 Sucks Reply with quote

First of all, much thanks to Don & Sue for pointing out that the site looks really bad in Internet Explorer 6. If you're using IE6, I'm not even sure you can read this, but I am working on a fix. In the meantime, please consider updating to IE7 or trying Mozilla Firefox or another modern browser. Thanks again for your patience in this chaos... if you see any issues at all in any browser, please let us know and we'll deal with it as soon as possible.
donandsue2

PostPosted: 03/26/08 10:23 am    Post subject: Gotcha Now... Reply with quote

Well.. we went ahead and upgraded to IE7...will take some gettin' used to.. but then, back a few years, we didn't even know how to barely work a computer! Now that we've finally gotten to see it.. we LIKE the new East Texas Gig Guide! And again.. just in case we haven't told you lately, (and I think every picker who goes to this site should do so)We sure do thank you and really appreciate your efforts to give all the local pickers a place to meet, shoot the breeze, and tell all their "my gig was worse than yours" stories!
Thanks!!
Don & Sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The East Texas Gig Guide Forum Index :: The Main Room All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: